As most of you know if you follow me on the gram I am very lactose-intolerant to say the least. One time, a restaurant didn’t realize butter was dairy– maybe, it’s a carb? 😉 hehe get it? — but they cooked my chicken in it and HHAAAAA BYE FELICIAAAAAA, ’twas very bad. But, as a side note, one of my friends enlightened me on the fact that greek yogurt is often tolerated by lactose intolerant people so I tried it the other night and I WAS FINE!!! ALL HAIL.
Back to the point of this email– DAIRY/GLUTEN FREE PROTEIN PANCAKES as easy as can be and super delicious, not to mention picture worthy 😉
I’ve spent quite some time perfecting this recipe mostly because 1. who wants a crappy protein pancake? and 2. I kind of am obsessed with them…
Me to my roommate post spin sprawled on the floor: “I’m going to shower, and then make pancakes!”
Roommate with a large smile: “WOW! You like pancakes?! I didn’t know that!”
Sarcasm, if you’re wondering. I’ve made them everyday since we’ve moved in BUT in all fairness they are healthy and I am not allowed to cook where I am living next semester so I am getting my share in now!
ALL YOU NEED:
- 1 scoop plant based protein (note: I have yet to try whey but it should work– let me know in the comments if you try)
- 1.5 TB coconut flour*
- 2 TB oat flour*
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 c almond milk + a bit of water POSSIBLY
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL: add ins of choice
* NOTE: you can sub the 2 flours for 1/4 c gluten free flour blend.
- Mix all dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- Add egg white and almond milk and combine. If your batter is too thick, add water until it is the consistency of normal pancake batter. Like so..
- If desired, stir in add ins like berries, cinnamon, chocolate, etc.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and cook your pancakes, flipping once when about half the pancake has been cooked through.
- Top with nut butter (gbutter is my favorite of all time and the macros are AMAZING! You can use YOUMAKEYOU for a discount and free shipping), fruit,GREEK YOGURT 😉 anything you desire, and enjoy!
If you make these, let me know what you think!
& always remember: YOU MAKE YOU
Say HI! Instagram – Facebook – Youtube